Sunday, April 08, 2012

Cherry Blossoms Thank You

Happy Easter everyone!

OK, so I just had to make another card for Friday's "Free For All" Challenge (F4A111 - Celebrate the Dragon - make an asian-themed card).  I just loved making the cherry blossoms card yesterday using the marker layering technique, so I made some more and just changed up the layout.  Hope you like this CAS card ...

"Cherry Blossoms Thank You"


Stamps:  Embrace Life, Short & Sweet (SU!)
Paper:  Watercolor paper, Soft Suede striped DP (SU!)
Ink:  StazOn black, Soft Suede, Regal Rose, Rose Red, Sahara Sand (SU!)
Accessories & Tools:  Big Shot, Nestabilities Square die-cuts, blender pen, sponge, white gel pen, Stamp-a-ma-jig, sticky strips, adhesives, and dimensionals



I stamped the cherry blossom branch three times in StazOn black ink onto watercolor paper.  I used the marker layering technique to add the Regal Rose and Rose Red inks to the blossoms, using the blender pen.  I went over the stems with Soft Suede Stampin' Write marker and then used my Sahara Sand marker to add a shadow all around the stems and blossoms.  I added dots of white gel pen to the blossoms.

I ran the images through my Big Shot with a 1 1/2" square die-cut.  Leaving the cut-out in the die, I sponged Soft Suede ink around the edges (this leaves the very outside edges the original color to create a frame).

I mounted a 1 1/4" strip of Soft Suede Striped DP onto my watercolor paper card front.  I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig for placement, and stamped the sentiment in Soft Suede ink.  I took the Sahara Sand marker and went over the sentiment to create a shadow so it matched the cherry blossoms.

I mounted the three panels onto the strip, popping them up with dimensionals to add depth.  I mounted the card front onto a card base of Soft Suede.

____________________

Using the digital image I purchased from Whimsie Doodles a couple of days ago, I made bag toppers for treat bags.  The bag in the middle is for my grand-doggie Penny ... doggie cookies shaped like ducks - they are so adorable!



Oh, and here's the latest picture of Penny ... sorry for the poor quality, my son used his phone camera.  She's got it pretty soft!  :)



1 comment:

Gem Artmiste said...

wow, this is a beautiful card! love it!