Monday, March 05, 2012

Blushing Rose


I was so thrilled and honored to get a private message from Betty at SCS, asking if I would be interested in being a Guest Designer for the month of March for the Color Challenge Team!  A fabulous opportunity to work with the other talented members of the team (Betty, Julia, Joanne, Peggy, Vicki, Karen and Mary).

I am really looking forward to creating cards to (hopefully) inspire others to join in the weekly Challenges.  It's so much fun!!

Congrats to Bridget Finlay who is also Guest Designing this month for the Color Team.  I have long admired her incredibly beautiful and artistic cards.

Here's my card for this week's Color Challenge (CC365 - Very Vanilla, Wild Wasabi, Blushing Bride).

"Blushing Rose"


Stamps:  Field Flowers - sentiment (SU!)
Paper:  Very Vanilla, Wild Wasabi, Blushing Bride DP (Just Add Cake) (SU!)
Ink:  Wild Wasabi
Accessories & Tools:  Rolling Rose die-cut (C.C. Designs), Savannah border die-cut (Memory Box), Itty Bitty flower punch (SU!), pink half-pearls, Tombow glue, mat pack, stylus, and adhesives



I ran the Blushing Bride DP through my Big Shot with the Rolling Rose die-cut.  I rolled the rose and used Tombow glue to hold the bottom in place.  I placed a medium-sized half pearl in the center of the rose.

I ran Wild Wasabi cardstock through my Big Shot with the Savannah border die-cut twice; one I left whole, the other was used to cut leaves for under the small blossom by the sentiment and for the blossom on the inside panel.

I punched small flowers from the Blushing Bride DP, placed them on the sponge part of the mat pack and used a stylus to press gently around the middle of the flower until it formed a cup shape.  I placed a mini, pink half-pearl in the center of each flower.

I used small drops of Tombow glue to mount everything onto the Very Vanilla card front.  I mounted the card front onto a card base of Wild Wasabi for stability.


No comments: