Monday, February 20, 2012

Masculine Birthday card and another CAS Challenge card ...


Yesterday I spent the afternoon in the studio with Heather.  We had a lot of fun making cards ... I made a birthday card for my hubby (even though his birthday isn't until April, I had an idea and wanted to use some new DP I just purchased called "Well Worn" from SU!), and Heather made a beautiful card for her mom's birthday, which is this Wednesday.  I forgot to take a picture of Heather's card, but will ask her to send one to me and will post later ... she has such a fun sense of style and her card is very creative.

I'm posting the birthday card I made yesterday and also another card for this week's CAS Challenge (CAS158) - stitching or faux stitching.  I'm not sure that this card is considered CAS ... I got a little carried away :)  Both cards are made with all SU! products.  Hope you like.

"Happy Birthday Gord"



Stamps:  Lovely as a Tree, Bitty Birthday (SU!)
Ink:  Soft Suede, Early Espresso, River Rock; Stampin' Write markers:  Early Espresso, Cajun Craze (SU!)
Paper:  Soft Suede, Early Espresso, watercolor paper, Well Worn DP (SU!)
Accessories & Tools:  sponge dauber, Aqua Painter, sponges, distressing tool, Cogs punch, 3/8" Early Espresso quilted ribbon, adhesives, glue, and dimensionals



I used the sponge dauber to add River Rock ink to my watercolor paper.  I used the Aqua Painter to add lots of water to create a wash with the sponged River Rock.  I let the piece dry thoroughly.  I randomly inked the Oak Tree stamp with Early Espresso and Cajun Craze inks; I stamped on top of the dried River Rock wash.  I used the Aqua Painter to add a little water to the stamped image and then let it dry thoroughly.  I lightly sponged Early Espresso ink around the outside edges of the main image and then framed it with Early Espresso cardstock.

I punched out the cogs from Soft Suede cardstock and sponged around the edges with Soft Suede ink to give them depth.  I also sponged around the card base of Soft Suede.

I cut two panels from the Well Worn DP.  I used the distressing tool to rough up the edges.  I wrapped the Early Espresso quilted ribbon around the bottom of the large piece and then mounted both strips to the card base.  I mounted the framed, main panel to the card front, popping it up with dimensionals.  I added the two cogs, also popping them up with dimensionals.

I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to placement and stamped my sentiment in Early Espresso ink on the bottom right-hand corner.

____________________ 


Another card for this week's CAS Challenge (CAS158 - Stitching or Faux Stitching).  This one has a little more to it ... not sure if it's CAS - but I'm hoping it will pass :)  Another paper pieced card using the fabulous DP "Just Add Cake" - such fun colors!  Made with all SU! products plus a tiny piece of Peapod twine (The Twinery).  Hope you like.

"Stitched Birthday Gifts"



Stamps:  Happy Moments; Bitty Birthday (SU!)
Paper:  Wild Wasabi, Whisper White, Wild Wasabi polka-dot DP, Just Add Cake DP (SU!)
Ink:  Early Espresso, Wild Wasabi (SU!)
Accessories & Tools:  Big Shot, Sizzix Large Scalloped Circle die-cut, Sizzix Large Circle Die-cut, 1 3/4" circle punch, Peapod twine (The Twinery), 1/4" Garden Green grosgrain ribbon, 1/8" hole punch, adhesives, sticky strips, glue dot, and dimensionals


Made a card base from Wild Wasabi cardstock with the large scalloped circle die-cut (cut two pieces, score 1/2" from top of back piece and fold to use as a hinge; line pieces up and secure with sticky strip along 1/2" folded top).  Cut another large scalloped circle die-cut from the Wild Wasabi polka-dot DP; mounted it to card front.
Ran a piece of orange-dotted DP and yellow-striped DP (both from Just Add Cake DP package) through Big Shot with the large circle die-cut.  Cut yellow circle in half and mounted on top of orange circle.  Used Early Espresso Stampin' Write marker to add faux stitching lines around circle.  Wrapped Garden Green ribbon around circle and tied a knot on one side.  Secured the knot in place with a glue dot.  Mounted the circle on top of the scalloped circle, popping it up with dimensionals to add depth.
Stamped the stack of gifts in Early Espresso ink onto Whisper White cardstock.  Stamped the gifts again onto three different DPs.  Cut out of the gifts from the DP and mounted onto the Whisper White card front, using Tombow glue to adhere.  Used the 1 3/4" punch to punch out the stack of gifts.  Added faux stitching around circle with Early Espresso Stampin' Write marker.  Mounted the main image onto the card front, popping it up with dimensionals to add depth.
Stamped sentiment with Wild Wasabi ink onto Whisper White cardstock and cut out as a tag.  Added faux stitching on tag with Early Espresso Stampin' Write marker.  Used hole punch to add small hole at top of tag.  Tied small piece of Peapod twine into a bow, securing it through the top of the tag.  Mounted bow and tag onto card front using rolled glue dot.

No comments: