Monday, January 16, 2012

Be Mine and Stitched with Love cards

Today's TLC (Technique Lover's Challenge) 360 is - Twine it up!  Of course, I love twine, so I had to make a card for the challenge - well, two actually! :)

Here are two CAS Valentine's Day cards using twine to stitch the hearts.  Both are made the same way, just changing up the colors and adding an extra layer to the Cherry Cobbler version.  Hope you like.

"Be Mine"


"Stitched with Love"



Stamps:  I {Heart} Hearts, Outlined Occasions (I {Heart} Hearts, Field Flowers) (SU!)
Paper:  Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White (Melon Mambo, Whisper White) (SU!)
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler (Melon Mambo) (SU!)
Accessories & Tools:  Maraschino (Pink Sorbet) Twine - The Twinery, paper piercing tool, embroidery needle, pencil, temporary adhesive, sticky strips
* * * * * 

I stamped the "woodgrain" heart from the I {Heart} Hearts stamp set onto a scrap piece of paper (I liked the shape of the heart).  Using a pencil, I marked where I wanted to pierce around the outline of the heart, making sure there was a corresponding pierce at both the top and bottom of the heart.  Using temporary adhesive, I attached the stamped heart overtop of my card front.  I used the paper piercing tool to pierce through both pieces of cardstock and once I had pierced all around the outline of the heart, I removed the scrap piece from on top and discarded.

I used an embroidery needle and twine to stitch through the piercing, creating a grid by stitching first vertically and then horizontally.  Finally I stitched along the outline of the heart.

I added the sentiment and mounted all the pieces as shown in the pictures above.

No comments: