Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Born to Shop


I spent the last two days re-organizing my art studio.  The original plan was to set this room up so that I could use it to make my cards ... and my son, Jeremy, could use it to paint.  He has loved drawing and painting since he was little and now has his bachelor's degree in Visual Arts and is currently a teacher-on-call (substitute teacher) for both Art and English (as well as other subjects when he is asked).  I have taken over the art studio and am in there everyday ... sometimes for several hours.  So we cleaned out a storage room in the basement and he has now set up his own art space.  Last weekend he moved all his supplies from my art studio down to his and I now have a ton of space!!  Of course, I know I will fill it up fast, but for now, it's looking roomy and organized.

After all my hard work of the past few days, I treated myself by spending some play time and participating in today's Color Challenge from SCS (CC360 - Whisper White, Island Indigo, Pool Party - with the dessert:  use a sentiment as your main image).  I struggled with this a bit ... I have a hard time making all blue cards, but came up with a CAS card that is perfect for someone who loves to shop ... and we ALL have at least one friend like that :)  I substituted the closest colors I had to the challenge colors - Not Quite Navy and Baja Breeze.  Hope you like.

"Born to Shop"


Stamps:  Birthday Bakery (SU!); Born to Shop (Imaginisce)
Paper:  Not Quite Navy, Whisper White (SU!)
Ink:  Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze (SU!)
Accessories & Tools:  sponge, Baja Breeze seam binding ribbon, navy embroidery thread, adhesives, sticky strips and dimensionals

* * * * *

I sponged Baja Breeze ink on the Whisper White cardstock and then stamped the image overtop in Not Quite Navy ink.

I stamped the gift back in Not Quite Navy ink onto a scrap piece of Whisper White cardstock.  I used Baja Breeze Stampin' Write marker to color in the heart, and dots on the bag.  I cut a short length of navy embroidery thread to use for the handles and secured the ends to the back of the gift bag.  I cut and folded a short length of Baja Breeze seam binding to represent the tissue paper for the bag, and secured it to the back using sticky strips.  I mounted the completed gift bag on the card front, popping it up with dimensionals to add depth.  I used a tiny dot of Tombow to glue the handle to the bottom of the "s" in Shop.  I mounted the card front onto a card base of Not Quite Navy.


No comments: