Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Dump Truck Birthday

Today's SCS Color Challenge (CC356) is Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo and Basic Gray.  I don't have the exact colors so I have used the closest ones I have.  I decided to make a boy's birthday card (any age of boy would like this!), using one of my latest purchases from SU! ... "I Dig You!".  Hope you like.

"Dump Truck Birthday"


Stamps:  I Dig You!, Happy Moments (SU!)
Paper:  Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White (SU!)
Ink:  Basic Gray, Tempting Turquoise, Kiwi Kiss, Old Olive (SU!)
Accessories & Tools:  Stamp-a-ma-jig, Dots & Dashes ribbon (Michael's), toothbrush, water mister, sponge, adhesives and dimensionals

* * * * *

I made the background paper first.  I loaded a toothbrush with Tempting Turquoise ink, added water, "smooshed" it into paper towel to spread throughout the brush and then, dragged my thumb across the bristles, splattering the ink onto Whisper White cardstock.  Once dry, I sponged over top with Kiwi Kiss ink.  I mounted the background paper onto a card base of Tempting Turquoise cardstock.

I stamped the dump truck in Basic Gray ink.  Using the Stamp-a-ma-jig for placement, I inked the gifts with Stampin' Write markers Old Olive and Tempting Turquoise and stamped it at the top of the truck bed.  I inked the sentiment in Old Olive and stamped it at the top of my main image.

I framed the main image with Tempting Turquoise cardstock and wrapped the Dots & Dashes ribbon around the bottom and tied a knot at one side.

I mounted the main image onto the card base, popping it up with dimensionals to add depth.

No comments: