Sunday, January 29, 2012

Life is a matter of moments ...

Today's card is for tomorrow's CAS (clean & simple) Challenge (CAS155) - photo inspiration (see photo below).  I really loved the beautiful colors of the sky and that was my focus for my interpretation of the photo.  I actually zoomed in on the very left-hand side, with the trees, green grass and sky with yellow and blue.  I used the Brayering technique for this card ... new to brayering, check out my Brayering Tips Sheet.  This card is made with all SU! products.  Hope you like and hope that you'll join us for the challenge this week.

CAS155 Photo Inspiration - "Summer Gold":











Here's my interpretation of the inspiration photo:
 
"Life is a matter of moments"



Stamps:  Lovely as a Tree (SU!)
Paper:  Wild Wasabi, Whisper White (SU!)
Ink:  Early Espresso, Garden Green, Wild Wasabi, So Saffron, Baja Breeze (SU!)
Accessories & Tools:  rubber brayer, post-it notes for masking, Stamp-a-ma-jig, sponge and adhesives

* * * * *

I masked the top and bottom of the Whisper White card front with post-it notes.  I brayered Wild Wasabi ink from the bottom upwards, about 1/3 of the way.  I brayered Baja Breeze ink from the top downwards, about 1/4 of the way.  I sponged So Saffron ink just below the Baja Breeze brayering, making sure to leave a little white space between the So Saffron and Wild Wasabi inks.  I removed the masks.

I inked the stamp with Early Espresso and Garden Green inks and stamped on top of the brayering, using the Stamp-a-ma-jig for positioning (I wanted the top of a few trees to be just above the masked area).

I sponged more Garden Green ink on the grass mounds at the bottom of the tree trunks.

I stamped the sentiment in Early Espresso ink and mounted the card front onto a card base of Wild Wasabi cardstock.


No comments: