Sunday, November 13, 2011

Happy Birthday Evan!

My son Evan is turning 28 tomorrow and today we're having a family dinner to celebrate his birthday.  I'm really looking forward to having everyone over!  I can't believe how quickly the years have gone by ...

Here's the card I made for Evan.  He is an automotive mechanic so I think he'll appreciate the card.  I used a sketch challenge from SCS from a couple of weeks ago (SC356).  Hope you like.

"Happy Birthday Evan!"



Stamps:  Totally Tool (SU!)
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Silver (SU!); plaid DP
Ink:  Basic Black, Chocolate Chip (SU!)
Accessories & Tools:  Cuttlebug "Diamond Plate" embossing folder, Big Shot, Stamp-a-ma-jig, sponge, sticky strips, adhesives and dimensionals

* * * * *

I mounted a piece of plaid designer paper onto a frame of Chocolate Chip cardstock and then mounted the panel onto a card base of Crumb Cake.

I ran a strip of Chocolate Chip cardstock through my Big Shot with the Diamond Plate embossing folder.  I sponged Chocolate Chip ink on top of the embossing to highlight.  I used sticky strips to mount the strip on top of the plaid DP.

I stamped the tools in Basic Black ink onto silver cardstock and cut them out.  I mounted them on top of the embossed strip, using dimensionals to add depth.

I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig for positioning, and stamped the sentiment in Chocolate Chip ink.

____________________ 

The second card for today uses the Season of Joy stamp set from Stampin' Up!  Actually the whole card only uses SU! products.  I made the tree 3-D for the "Ways To Use It" Challenge - Space (create a 3D object).  Hope you like.

"Season of Joy"


Stamps:  Season of Joy (SU!)
Paper:  Whisper White, Real Red, Old Olive, Merry Moments DP (SU!)
Ink:  Stampin' Write markers:  Real Red, Old Olive, Early Espresso (SU!)
Accessories & Tools:  Stamp-a-ma-jig, Mistletoe ribbon, adhesives Tombow glue, and dimensionals

* * * * *

Using the Stamp-a-ma-jig for placement, I stamped the background stamp four times to cover the front panel of the card.  The stamp was inked with Stampin' Write markers Real Red and Old Olive for each stamping.  I mounted the front panel onto a card base of Old Olive cardstock.

I used the Early Espresso Stampin' Write marker to outline the tree stamp and stamped it onto the Old Olive patterned paper three times.  I cut out each layer of the tree individually (as well as the tree trunk).
I cut out a piece of Real Red cardstock and mounted it onto a frame of Old Olive cardstock.  I wrapped the Mistletoe ribbon around the bottom and tied a knot in the center.

I mounted the tree above the ribbon, gluing the trunk down flat and then, starting with the bottom layer of the tree, adding each layer by gluing the top of it to the red cardstock and having the scalloped bottom edge popped up with dimensionals.  I repeated this each time, layering the middle and top of the tree.  This gives the tree a lot of dimension.


No comments: