Saturday, November 05, 2011

Pine Trees

Taking it pretty easy today.  Just a little light housecleaning and baking for tomorrow's workshop.  I made gingersnaps for tomorrow ... another family favorite.  This recipe comes from a good friend of my mom's, Eva Kettley.  When I was little, Eva lived a couple of doors down from us.   She was a very generous, loving person who made everyone feel welcome in her home.  She was also a master baker and loved to decorate cakes.  For years she would sell her cakes in Burnaby to friends and neighbors.  I was so honored when Eva agreed to decorated my wedding cake when I got married in 1979.  When I make these cookies, I think of her.  I've included the recipe in the baking section if you're interested in trying it ... you won't be disappointed!

____________________ 


On to the card for today.  I made a third card using the color challenge from this week (More Mustard, Always Artichoke, Bravo Burgundy).  These three colors are so beautiful together.  Hope you like.

"Pine Trees"


Stamps:  Pine Tree (Stampscapes); Vintage Labels (SU!)
Paper:  Always Artichoke, Bravo Burgundy, Whisper White (SU!)
Ink:  Always Artichoke, Bravo Burgundy, More Mustard (SU!)
Accessories & Tools:  Cuttlebug "Forest Branches" embossing folder, Big Shot, sponges, small eye-makeup sponge applicator, small oval punch, medium oval punch, sticky strips and dimensionals

* * * * *

I stamped the tree three times in Always Artichoke ink onto Whisper White cardstock.  I sponged  More Mustard ink around the trees.  I sponged Bravo Burgundy ink in the sky.  I took the small eye-makeup sponge applicator and inked it with Always Artichoke and sponged on top of the trees to fill them in and give them some depth.  I framed the stamped image with Always Artichoke cardstock.

I sponged a small piece of Whisper White cardstock with More Mustard ink, stamped the sentiment on top with Bravo Burgundy ink and punched it out with a small oval.  I framed the sentiment on a medium oval of Always Artichoke cardstock.

I ran a large piece of Bravo Burgundy cardstock through my Big Shot with the Forest Branches embossing folder.  I lightly sponged Bravo Burgundy ink on top of the embossing to highlight it.  I mounted the embossed cardstock onto a card base of Always Artichoke.

I mounted the framed main image on top, weighting it at the bottom, and popping it up with dimensionals to add depth.

I mounted the framed sentiment on top of the main image.


No comments: