Friday, October 14, 2011

It's All About the Icing


Yesterday afternoon my latest SU! order arrived ... so exciting!!  I bought six new stamps sets and spent a little time mounting them and getting them ready to use.  Couldn't wait to try out the adorable set "Easy Events" with today's card - I know I'm going to get a lot of use out of the set!  This is another challenge card for yesterday's "Ways To Use It - Pink, pink, pink!" (use pink somewhere on your card).    This card is definitely better in real life ... the icing (or frosting) is the focal point and has texture and depth.  As with any cupcake, it's the icing that's the best part (in my opinion).    This was a fun, easy and quick card to make.  Hope you like.

"It's All About the Icing"


Stamps:  Easy Events (SU)
Paper:  Pretty in Pink, Whisper White (SU!); scrap of DP for cupcake paper liner
Ink:  Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Pretty in Pink (SU!)
Accessories & Tools:  MS Sparkle Texture effect, pink glitter, Big Shot, Cuttlebug "Happy Birthday" embossing folder, glue, sticky strips, adhesives, and dimensionals

* * * * *

I stamped the image onto a small piece of Whisper White cardstock.  I colored the cake plate with Early Espresso and Crumb Cake Stampin' Write markers.  I stamped the image again onto a scrap piece of DP and cut out the paper liner for the cupcake.  I glued the piece on top of the stamped image using Tombow glue.  I added Sparkle texture to cover the top of the cupcake and sprinkled with pink glitter while it was still wet.  I left it to dry before continuing.

I ran a large piece of Whisper White cardstock through my Big Shot with the Happy Birthday embossing folder.  I mounted the embossed background onto a card base of Pretty in Pink cardstock.

I adhered the stamped image onto a frame of Pretty in Pink cardstock and then mounted the framed image onto the front of the card, popping it up with dimensionals to add depth.



No comments: