Sunday, October 02, 2011

In the Studio with Fran


Today Fran came over and spent a couple of hours with me in the art studio.  I showed her how to do the Iris Fold technique and she will be using that for her Christmas card this year.  Thanks Fran for coming over and hanging out - it was so much fun!!

While Fran was working on her card, I played around with another idea I had for a Christmas card.  Thanks to Kelly for lending me her Snowflake embossing folder - it's so pretty!

"Christmas Ornaments"


Stamps:  Gifts of Christmas (SU!); Peace (Anita's stamps)
Paper:  Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White (SU!)
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, VersaMark (SU!)
Accessories & Tools:  ornament punch, three silver eyelets, silver elastic, Cuttlebug "Snowflakes" embossing folder, sponges, ice embossing powder, heat tool, tape, sticky strips and dimensionals

* * * * *

I inked the Peace stamp first with VersaMark and then with Old Olive ink.  I stamped onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock and quickly embossed with the ice embossing powder to add a little glitter (hard to tell in the photo).  I punched out with the ornament punch.

I inked the poinsettia stamp using Stampin' Write markers and stamped onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock.  I did a second stamping and then punched both out with the ornament punch.

I sponged Old Olive ink around the edges of all three ornaments and then added a silver eyelet to the top of each.  I threaded silver elastic through each eyelet and set them aside.

I ran a large piece of Whisper White cardstock through my Big Shot with the Snowflakes embossing folder.  I used dimensionals to add the ornaments on top of the embossed panel and pulled the silver elastic to the back and secured with tape.

I mounted the panel onto a card base of Cherry Cobbler.


No comments: