Friday, October 28, 2011

Joyful Christmas Tree


Today's "Free for All" Challenge from SCS is just that - Free for All.  Meaning, make any card you like - no rules.  I had some beautiful green glitter paper that I've been wanting to use, and today is the day!  I ran the green glitter paper through my Big Shot with the Cuttlebug "Birds & Swirls" embossing folder, but it's hard to tell in the picture - it is so much better in real life!  The embossed images really add to the glamour of this card.  This is a CAS (clean and simple) card.  Hope you like.

"Joyful Christmas Tree"


Stamps:  Joy (Michael's $1.50 bin - gotta' love it!!)
Paper:  Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White (SU!); green glitter paper
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler (SU!)
Accessories & Tools:  Stamp-a-ma-jig, pencil, ruler, eraser, ice embossing powder, heat tool, Cuttlebug "Birds & Swirls" embossing folder, Big Shot, and sticky strips

* * * * *

I drew a triangle onto a scrap piece of paper until I was happy with the proportion and then cut it out and used it as a template for cutting my green glitter paper.

I placed the green triangle on top of a Whisper White card front and traced the outline in pencil.  Next I stamped the sentiment onto my Stamp-a-ma-jig and determined where I wanted it to be on the card front.  I inked the stamp with Cherry Cobbler, stamped it in place and quickly embossed with ice embossing powder.  Next I drew a vertical pencil line just above and just below the sentiment (about 1/8").  I used those pencil lines and the triangle outline to determine where to cut slits for the triangle to be woven through.  It sounds a bit complicated - but is really very simple.  Once the slits where cut, I erased all the pencil lines.

I ran the green triangle through my Big Shot with the embossing folder and then wove it through the Whisper White front card panel, using sticky strips to secure it in place.

I mounted the front card panel onto a card base of Cherry Cobbler cardstock.  


No comments: