Thursday, September 08, 2011

Day at the Beach


Yesterday I picked up four Stampdenous stamps that I ordered through Country Lane Crafts in Cloverdale.  They took a while to get them in because of a computer glitch with the distributor, but I wasn't in a hurry so it didn't really matter.  If you are in the Lower Mainland and haven't been to Country Lane yet, it's worth a trip!!  They have a huge selection of scrapbooking and card making supplies, their prices are excellent and the staff is really friendly!

So last night I had to make a card with my new stamps --- notice "had to" - it's not like someone was holding a gun to my head!! :)  Anyways, these stamps are awesome.  I had a lot of fun coloring this beach scene.  I rarely put sentiments on my cards, but two of the stamps I bought were sentiments that are specific to the other stamps I bought ... they just go together.  Hope you like.

"Day at the Beach"


Stamps:  Umbrella Beach, Feel Sand
Paper:  Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie (SU!)
Ink:  Bashful Blue, Tempting Turquoise, Sahara Sand; Stampin' Write markers:  Early Espresso, Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Always Artichoke, Soft Suede, Sahara Sand
Accessories & Tools:  Cuttlebug "Tiny Bubbles" embossing folder, Big Shot, sponges, white gel pen, post-it notes for masking, sticky strips, adhesives and dimensionals

* * * * *

I ran a large piece of Tempting Turquoise through the Big Shot with the Tiny Bubbles embossing folder.  I cut it to size (always cut the paper to size AFTER embossing as the added texture from the embossing will change the original size of your cardstock!).  I lightly sponged Tempting Turquoise ink over the embossing to highlight it.  I attached the embossed background to the Whisper White card base and set aside.

I inked the stamp using Stampin' Write markers - Old Olive for the palm fronds, Early Espresso for everything else.  I stamped onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock.  I masked off the outline of the image and sponged Bashful Blue and Tempting Turquoise for the sky.  I removed the masks and used the Stampin' Write markers to color in the rest of the image (adding Always Artichoke to the palm fronds to give them interest).  I used the white gel pen to add ripples in the water.

I stamped the sentiment in Early Espresso ink onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock and then sponged Tempting Turquoise ink at the top and Sahara Sand ink at the bottom.

I framed both the main image and sentiment with Pumpkin Pie cardstock.  I mounted all the pieces as shown in the picture above, popping up both the main image and sentiment with dimensionals.


No comments: