Thursday, August 18, 2011

Versamark Florets


Today's "Ways To Use It" challenge from SCS is "Versamark".  Easy for me because I use Versamark a lot in my cards.  I used Cherry Cobbler ink for the sentiment only, everything else on the card is done in Versamark.  Again I used the Fabulous Florets stamps set - and it's just that ... FABULOUS!!  I noticed when posting this card that it's the fourth time this month that I've used this stamp set ... I need to let go :)
Hope you like.

"Versamark Florets"



Stamps:  Fabulous Florets, vine wheel (retired - can't remember the name) - SU!
Paper:  Bazzill White; Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler (SU!)
Ink:  Versamark, Cherry Cobbler
Accessories & Tools:  Clear embossing powder, white embossing powder, heat tool, white gel pen, adhesives, glue dots and dimensionals

* * * * *

I inked the vine wheel stamp with Versamark and rolled it over the Always Artichoke cardstock (two passes).  I mounted this background paper onto a piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock that is 1/4" wider.  The whole panel was then mounted onto the card front of Bazzill white (I used Cherry Cobbler cardstock as the card base but you can't see it ... I find SU!'s cardstock very sturdy and they make the best card bases).

I inked the leaf sprig from the Fabulous Florets stamp set in Versamark and stamped onto Always Artichoke cardstock.  I embossed the image in clear and heat set it to make it darker.  I outlined the image with a white gel pen and then cut it out.

I inked the blossom from the Fabulous Florets stamp set with Versamark and stamped it twice onto Cherry Cobbler cardstock.  I embossed both images with white, heat set them and cut them out.

I stamped the sentiment in Cherry Cobbler ink onto Bazzill white cardstock and mounted it onto a frame of Cherry Cobbler cardstock.

I mounted all the pieces as shown in the picture above, popping up the leaf sprig and sentiment with dimensionals.  The blossoms were attached using glue dots.


No comments: