Monday, August 22, 2011

Hot, hot, hot!

I was busy in the kitchen today and am including both of today's recipes in the Baking section (see top left hand column).  Red Pepper Jelly and Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie.






____________________ 

I managed to find time this afternoon to do another card for today's "Hot, hot, hot" challenge.
                                     
"Hot Sand"


Stamps:  Sunny Fun (SU!); feet (unknown)
Paper:  Sahara Sand, Marina Mist, Whisper White, Soft Suede (SU!); red polka-dot
Ink:  Sahara Sand, Marina Mist, Bashful Blue, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Early Espresso; Stampin' Write markers:  Real Red, Daffodil Delight (SU!)
Accessories & Tools:  white gel pen, sponges, post-it not masks, 1 3/8" circle punch, computer-generated umbrella template, glue dots and adhesives

* * * * *

I masked the water and sky and sponged Sahara Sand ink for the sand.  I removed the mask for the water and place a mask over the sand and sponged Marina Mist for the water.  I removed all masks, replaced the mask for the water and added a mask for the sun.  I lightly sponged Bashful Blue for the sky.  I removed the sun mask and added a mask around the sun; I sponged Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie for the sun.

I added footprints in the sand using Sahara Sand ink.  I added ripples in the water using the white gel pen.
I cut out the umbrella template and then used it to cut two pieces for the umbrella top.  I cut a thin sliver of Soft Suede to use as the pole.  I layered the two pieces of umbrella top with the pole in-between, using glue dots to adhere.

I stamped the flip-flops in Early Espresso ink and colored in with Real Red and Daffodil Delight inks and cut them out.

I mounted all the pieces as shown above.
____________________ 

Had a great weekend!  Visited with my mom on Saturday - always a good time!!  And on Sunday, went to Fran's house and helped her show her friends how to stamp.  They did so well!!  I left before the end, but I heard they took home four beautiful and fun cards to use.  I really enjoyed meeting Barb, Lonnie and Louise.  And, of course, we managed to find time to have a delicious lunch!!  Thanks Fran for having me over - lots of fun!
Today I'm keeping busy.  I've made one batch of Red Pepper Jelly so far and hope to make another later this afternoon.  Also planning on making dessert for tomorrow's dinner - Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie - yu-ummm!  I'll post the recipe once the pie is made.  Such a delicious treat for a hot day.

And I made a card for today's SCS Clean & Simple Challenge (CAS132) "Hot, hot, hot!".  Hope you like.

"Hot & Steamy Thank you"


Stamps:  Baroque Motifs (SU!)
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler (SU!); sentiment was computer-generated
Paper:  Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White (SU!)
Accessories & Tools:  Ornament punch, black hemp twine, Sizzix "Scribbles Swirls" Sizzlit, red button, silver stickles, adhesives, glue, glue dots and dimensionals

* * * * *

I stamped a piece of Whisper White cardstock with the large Baroque Motifs Stamp in Cherry Cobbler ink.  I punched out the stamped image with the ornament punch and then cut of the end.  I used the Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Write marker to outline the cup.  I used the Scribble Swirls die-cut to cut out Cherry Cobbler cardstock and then glued one of the pieces onto the cup as the handle.

I printed off the sentiment from the computer onto Whisper White cardstock.  Silver stickles were added for the "steam" coming from the cup.  I used dimensionals to adhere the cup just under the steam and then framed the whole panel in Cherry Cobbler cardstock.  I tied black hemp twine around the bottom and tied a knot which is tacked down to the card with a glue dot.  I added the red button on top of the knot, again using a glue dot to hold it in place.

I mounted the main image panel onto the white card base, popping it up with dimensionals to add depth.


No comments: