Saturday, June 11, 2011

Silhouette Spray


Haven't been feeling well the past couple of days.  I've been taking it easy and my husband has been taking very good care of me ... I'm sooooo lucky!  You know, it's hard to be creative when you're not feeling well.  I have had several failed attempts in the past day and a half  - lots of paper into the garbage :( 
 
But I was determined to make a card that I was happy with, so back into the art studio this afternoon and I had some success (thank goodness!).  I tried a new technique (new to me - I know it's been around for a while) --- ink spray smash.  I love how the background turned out with this technique and know I'll be using it again and again.  Only problem ... lots of mess and clean up :(  ... so probably best to make several of these at a time and then stash away the papers to use later.
 
This card covers two Splitcoaststampers challenges "Ways to use it" - Piercing and Inspirational Challenge - Dali Decals (see my inspiration for this card here).   Hope you like.
 
"Silhouette Spray"
 
 
Stamps:  Silhouette Spray (Hero Arts)
Paper:  Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White (SU!)
Ink:  Bravo Burgundy; Re-inkers Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie (SU!)
Accessories & Tools:  Spray bottle filled with water, heat tool, 1/4" white grosgrain ribbon, paper piercing tool and template, adhesive and dimensionals
 
* * * * *
 
I sprayed Whisper White cardstock with a little water and then used the re-inkers to add drops of the three colors.  I sprayed water again (lots of it!) and then placed the same sized Whisper White cardstock on top and "smashed" them together.  I peeled apart the cardstock and then used the heat tool to dry my paper.

I inked the stamp with Bravo Burgundy and stamped onto the smashed background (originally I was going to use Bravo Burgundy cardstock for the card base but changed my mind ... I should have stamped the image in Cherry Cobbler - oh well).

I framed both pieces of background paper with Whisper White and mounted them onto the card base, popping up the main panel with dimensionals.  Once in place, I paper pierced around the three sides of the main panel to add interest.

No comments: