Monday, June 27, 2011

Shop 'til you Drop!

I am so blessed!  We had a family dinner last night to celebrate my birthday (which is today).  I had such a wonderful day yesterday, spending a lot of time out on the deck enjoying the beautiful weather and listening to music.  Then I got to enjoy spending the evening with my kids and grand-doggie.  My hubby makes the best salmon I've ever tasted, so I requested it for my birthday.  Why go out to a restaurant when you can have delicious Teriyaki Cedar Plank Salmon at home??!!  And my future DIL made delicious cupcakes - two kinds, fresh strawberries & vanilla - and red velvet.  Thank you Nikki!!
 
This morning, hubby and I enjoyed coffee on the deck until about 10:30 and then headed out for a late breakfast as IHOP.  Nice start to the day!!
 
I look forward to Monday's Challenge on Splitcoaststampers - Clean & Simple.  Today it's a color challenge - Red, Black & White.  Love those colors together - so striking.  I'm inspired by my friend Frances who made a similar card a few years back.  It's the perfect card for a friend that loves (or lives!) to shop!  Reminds me of my friend Kelly - it's her passion ... and these are her favorite colors too!  Hope you like.
 
"Shop 'til you Drop!"
 
 

Stamps:  Playful Pieces (SU!); computer generated sentiment
Paper:  Basic Black, Whisper White (SU!)
Ink:  Versamark, Basic Black (SU!)
Accessories & Tools:  Black embossing powder, heat tool, Tombow glue, red tissue paper, adhesives and dimensionals.
 
* * * * *
 
I inked the three rectangles with Versamark, stamped onto Whisper White cardstock, and heat embossed with black.  I stamped the handle in Black and then cut out the handles and embossed rectangles.  I used a little glue to attach the handles to the "bags".

I printed the sentiment on my computer onto Whisper White cardstock and cut to size.  I mounted the shopping bags just above the sentiment, adding red tissue in-behind and popping up the bags with dimensionals to add depth.  I mounted the main image onto a card base of Basic Black.  Easy peasy!! :)

No comments: