Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Birds and Blooms


Today's color challenge is "Cherry Night Cakes", meaning SU! colors Cherry Cobbler, Night of Navy and Crumb Cake.  Used two stamps that I haven't used before, so it definitely was a challenge :)  Hope you like.
 
"Birds & Blooms"
 

Stamps:  Simply Soft (2-part stamp), Four Frames (SU!)
Paper:  Night of Navy, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Whisper White (SU!)
Ink:  Night of Navy, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake
Accessories & Tools:  Stamp-a-ma-jig, masking tape, Cuttlebug "Birds & Swirls" embossing folder, hemp twine, sticky strips and dimensionals
 
* * * * *
 
I stamped the branches twice (second stamping I masked the smaller branch and only stamped the larger one) in Crumb Cake ink.  I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to align the second part of the stamp (blossoms - done in Cherry Cobbler ink)), again masking the smaller blossoms for the second stamping).  I inked the bird from the Four Frames stamp set in Night of Navy ink and used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to have it perched on one of the branches.  I sponged the cardstock lightly with Crumb Cake ink to take away the starkness of the white.  I then framed the main image in Cherry Cobbler cardstock.

I ran the background Crumb Cake cardstock and a piece of Night of Navy cardstock through the Big Shot with the "Birds & Swirls" embossing folder.  I then sponged both pieces with the matching inks to highlight the raised embossing.  I cut down the Night of Navy piece and framed it with Cherry Cobbler cardstock (hard to see from the picture, but the navy strip is embossed).

I then mounted all the pieces as shown in the picture above, adding twine around the main image and popping it up with dimensionals to add depth.   

No comments: