Monday, May 23, 2011

Thank you rose


Today another challenge through Splitcoaststampers - Clean and Simple Cards (CAS).  It's all about the design (not the technique, not the tools, not the embellishments).  I've made two versions.
  
... here's my first card:

"Thank you rose"
 
 
Stamps:  Short & Sweet (sentiment) (SU!)
Paper:  Old Olive, Whisper White, Cottage Wall Designer Series
Ink:  Perfect Plum, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive
Accessories & Tools:  Two-Step bird punch, 1/4" Old Olive grosgrain ribbon (approx. 7"), sticky strips

* * * * *

I had made some background paper a while ago, sponging randomly on Whisper White cardstock with inks: Perfect Plum, Rich Razzleberry and little bits of Old Olive.  I cut out a large circle (approx. 3") with my scissors and then cut a spiral into the circle, creating "waves" as I went along (or you could use scallop edged scissors).  I rolled up the spiral to create my rolled rose.  I punched three "wings" from the bird punch in Old Olive cardstock to make the leaves.  I pinched the leaves at the base and attached behind the rose (this gives them a little dimension - hard to see in the photo).

I stamped the sentiment in Perfect Plum ink and then layered all the pieces for the card and added the ribbon and rose.
 
* * * * *

... here's my second card:

"Birthday Bird"
 
 
Stamps:  Bitty Birthday (sentiment) (SU!)
Paper:  Cajun Craze, Early Espresso (SU!); Indian Summer - Aspen (Basic Grey)
Ink:  Early Espresso
Accessories & Tools:  Two-Step Bird Punch, sticky strips and Tombow glue

* * * * *

I punched out three "vines" from the bird punch and lined them up to create the break in the two papers.  (The papers are both from the same sheet of Indian Summer - Aspen ... just different areas of the sheet).

No comments: