Saturday, May 14, 2011

Purple Roses


I'm having just too much fun with the rolled roses!!  I made some background paper about a month ago or so using the Mother-of-Pearl technique, sponged with Perfect Plum and Elegant Eggplant.  Wasn't sure what to do with the paper, so tucked it away for a rainy day ... today is was raining :)  I created a spray of roses (and mini white flowers) on a "trellis" (Martha Stewart border punch).  No stamping involved with this card.  The roses are very pretty although it's hard to tell in the photo below.  I find dark purple doesn't photograph well .... hmmm, maybe it's my camera or maybe it's the operator :)

This card is in honor of my two good friends, Fran and Deb, who LOVE purple!!  Hope you like.

"Purple Roses"
 
 
Paper:  Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant, Certainly Celery, Whisper White (SU!)
Ink:  Frosted Shimmer Paint, Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive; Stampin' Write marker:  So Saffron (SU!)
Accessories & Tools:  Scallop Circle punch, scallop edged scissors, MS arch lattice border punch, MS vine trim border punch, SU! boho blossom punch, Sizzix Square Lattice embossing folder, Big Shot, sticky strips, Tombow glue, sponges
 
* * * * *
 
I scrunched saran wrap and dipped it in Frosted Shimmer paint and randomly sponged on the Whisper White cardstock.  After letting it dry, I sponged overtop with Perfect Plum and Elegant Eggplant inks.  I punched out a scalloped circle (1 3/4") and cut out five 1" circles (approx.) using the scalloped edged scissors and made rolled roses (check out the Tutorial Page for instructions).

I punched out a trellis using the narrow piece of Whisper White and the MS arch trellis border punch (both sides).  I used the MS vine trim punch and punched out three long rows.  I sponged the edges of the leaves and down the stems with Old Olive ink to give the leaves some depth and then cut them into smaller pieces.
I mounted about half the leaf stems onto the trellis using Tombow glue.  I added the roses on top and then added the rest of the leaf sprigs (again with Tombow glue), raising up the ends to give the spray some depth.

I punched out eleven of the smallest bloom of the boho blossom punch, scrunched the flowers to make them soft and pliable and then smoothed them out.  I used my So Saffron Stampin' Write marker to add some yellow to the middle of the white flowers and then scrunched them up again and glued them to the spray.
I ran the large piece of Elegant Eggplant cardstock through my Big Shot with the Square Lattice embossing folder, cropped it and attached to the card base with sticky strips.  I added a line of sticky strip along the middle of the card and attached my trellis with spray on top.
 
____________________ 

Click here to see my tutorial for rolled roses that I used on the card I made on May 12 (below).


No comments: