Thursday, April 14, 2011

Tropical Sunset Tutorial


It's been a busy couple of days ...
 
Yesterday I dog-sat my grand-doggie Penny.  She is recovering from surgery and spent a quiet day with her "Nana & Grandpa".  We really enjoyed spending the day with her - she is sooooo adorable!  When she was sleeping yesterday, I started a tutorial for my next brayered card.  This card is a little more involved that my previous ones ... only because there is a small bit of hand drawing involved.  Even though it's just a small part of the overall card, I know that my friends will be anxious about trying it ... but trust me, it's very easy!  This card only uses three colors of ink, but it definitely looks like more.  That's the great thing about brayering because you get different ranges of color from the inks.
 
I also received my latest Stampin' Up! order in the mail yesterday and couldn't wait to try out one of my latest purchases - Square Lattice embossing folder.  Unbelievable texture - I just love it and I'm sure I'll get a LOT of use from it!  I thought it was a perfect backdrop for this card ... it reminds me of a wicker chair that you'd sit on while looking at this beautiful sunrise! 
 
Here's the card and link to the tutorial that I created yesterday.  Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to make this card.
 
   
 
 
 

No comments: