Thursday, March 03, 2011

Pretty in Pink Flowers


The winds have died down today and it's sunny and warm.  What a difference from yesterday!  So I'm going to take advantage of the break in the rain and wind to head out and do a bunch of errands, but first ... have to spend some time in the art studio ... priorities, you know!!

Today I made a card that is similar to one I made several years ago.  I was routing through my scraps and found leftover flower paper that is perfect for cutting out.  It only took me a short time to cut the eight flowers and a few leaves that I needed for the card below.  There is no stamping, just layers of beautiful papers, trimmed with silver pen and then topped with a vellum envelope full of flowers.  I have written a tutorial on how to make the envelope.  Click here to take a look.

Now, on to the card ... hope you like.

"Pretty in Pink Flowers"
 
 
Paper:  Pretty in Pink, Pink Pirouette, Sending Love Designer series (SU!), pink vellum, flower paper
Ink:  Metallic silver pen
Accessories & Tools:  Flourishes Texturz plate
 
* * * * *
 
I ran the two pieces of Pretty in Pink cardstock through my Big Shot with the Flourishes Texturz plate (a little hard to see the embossing in the picture).  I outlined all pieces (except vellum and flowers) with silver.  I then layered the papers as shown in the picture.

I made the Diamond Fold Envelope with the piece of pink vellum, making sure to crease the folds well.  I then outlined the front of the envelope with silver.  I mounted the envelope onto the card, approx. 1 3/4" from the bottom and then glued the flowers down (some flat inside the envelope, others on top -- popped up with dimensionals).

No comments: