Thursday, March 10, 2011

Of the Earth


Today I'm using beautiful paper called "Indian Summer".  I just love these papers ... and because they are so beautiful, they are the focal point of this card.  The rest is simple embellishments that let the paper be the shining star.  Hope you like.

"Of the Earth"
 
 
Stamps:  Of the Earth, Vintage Labels (SU!)
Paper:  Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip (SU!), Copper cardstock, Indian Summer designer series paper
Ink:  Chocolate Chip (SU!)
Accessories & Tools:  5/8" Chocolate Chip Satin ribbon (approx. 12"), 1 1/4" square punch, small oval punch, medium oval punch, 5 bronze half-pearls, sticky strips, dimensionals, Stamp-a-ma-jig (optional)

* * * * *

I inked the bird stamp from "Of the Earth" with Chocolate Chip and stamped it on the 2" square piece of Very Vanilla cardstock.  I centered it and punch it out using the 1 1/4" square punch.  I layered the stamped image on Chocolate Chip and then Copper cardstock squares.  I stamped the sentiment with Chocolate Chip ink and stamped on Very Vanilla, punched out a small oval and mounted it on the medium oval of Copper cardstock.

Using sticky strips, I attached the satin ribbon to the Indian Summer paper, about 1" from the left-hand side, tying a knot, and then trimmed the ends.  I attached the front panel to the card base using sticky strips.  I then adhered the framed image and sentiment with dimensionals to add depth.  I centered the row of five bronze half-pearls below the sentiment.

I stamped the image (again in Chocolate chip ink) onto the inside panel of Very Vanilla cardstock, up on the right-hand corner.  I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig with the placement.

No comments: