Friday, March 11, 2011

Copper Maple Leaf


Today I was looking through the card additions for Splitcoaststampers and found a group of sketch challenges.  I had been thinking about making another card with my copper sheets, and Sketch 313 inspired me.

I wanted the focus to be the patina copper, so the card itself is very simple.  Hope you like.

"Copper Maple Leaf"


Paper:  Early Espresso (SU!), Copper, Indian Summer Designer Series (Dogwood) 
Accessories & Tools:  Copper Sheet, butane torch, copper wire, adhesives & dimensionals

* * * * *

I layered the cardstock pieces as shown in the picture above, popping up the narrow strip.

I cut the maple leaf die-cut out of copper sheeting using my Big Shot.  I also cut pieces of copper wire and twisted them around the end of a pencil.  I then heated both the maple leaf and the copper wire with my butane torch.  I trimmed the wire and adhered it with glue dots to the back of the maple leaf.  I popped up the copper embellishment with dimensionals.

No comments: