Saturday, March 05, 2011

Cherry Blossoms


One of my favorite color combinations is pink and dark brown.  They are absolutely perfect together.  This is a quick and easy card that has huge impact, mostly because of the colors.  Hope you like.

"Cherry Blossoms"
 
 
Stamps:  Embrace Life, Vintage Labels (sentiment) (SU!)
Paper:  Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, Sending Love Designer Series (SU!)
Ink:  Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink Stampin' Write Marker (SU!)
Accessories & Tools:  Clear embossing powder, heat tool, 9" Chocolate Chip 5/8" Satin ribbon (approx.), small oval punch, medium oval punch

* * * * *

I stamped the cherry blossom from Embrace Life Stamp set onto Whisper White with Chocolate Chip ink and heat embossed in clear - three times.  I inked the blossoms using a Pretty in Pink Stampin' Write marker.  I framed the three images in Chocolate Chip cardstock and adhered them to the Sending Love Designer Series paper, evenly spaced, on the left-hand side.

I tied a half-knot in the ribbon and adhered to the right-hand side of the front card panel, centering it between the images and the edge of the paper.  I then adhered the front panel onto the card base. 

I inked the sentiment in Chocolate Chip stamped onto Whisper White cardstock and punched out using the small oval punch.  I punched out two small ovals of Pretty in Pink cardstock and offset them onto the sentiment (I thought it needed some pink to balance with the left-hand side of the card).  I then mounted the framed sentiment onto a medium oval of Chocolate Chip and popped it up using dimensionals.

I framed the large Whisper White cardstock with the Pretty in Pink and adhered it inside the card.

No comments: